From:
Jay Merritt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:43:15 EST
I have a small home network with 3 PC's (Win 98) and 1 Epson C80 printer.
They are all connected with a 3Com Dual Analog Router (acts as a hub and also
as dial-up Internet router).  All PCs can see each other and share files via
TCP/IP protocol. The printer has a generic print server installed on it. 2 of
the PCs can print to it, while the 3rd cannot. When you try to print with the
3rd PC, the lights flash on the router and the print server, as if the signal
is being sent by the PC and received by the print server, but it will always
time out and eventually lock up the entire network. I have tried switching
and reversing the PCs and print server cables where they plug into the
router, all with the same results as listed above.  I have tried setting the
print server to a static IP and also a DHCP. Again no improvement. Also tried
adding NetBEUI protocol.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay Merritt

                     support at our newest website: