From:
Stephen Bourgeois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:32:34 -0600
Roger,

According to Microsoft Support Service it sounds like msfs.sys.is damaged
and needs to be replaced. Check out this article:

 http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q160/4/95.asp

It deals with the type of error message you are getting.

Steve
On Friday, December 15, 2000 4:06 AM, Roger Griffiths
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Win2000 Pro and have countless issues. Most I can
probably nut out for myself, but two immediate problems need your
assistance.

> I have a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 video adapter - when I attempt to boot
into 2K it goes so far then I get just a black screen, the keyboard is
unresponsive and I have to reboot. Safe mode is no better. The only way I
can boot into 2K is to press F8 and choose VGA Mode. On a couple of
attempts I have recieved the following message...

> Stop C000026C {Unable to load device driver} \Sytem
Root\System32\Drivers\msfs.SYS device driver could not be loaded. Error
status was 0xc0000020

> I tried downloading Win 2000 drivers for the card from Nvidia and forced
2K to accept this new driver, but nothing has improved. Any help
appreciated.

> I also have a Conexant 56K PCI Modem, which ran fine under '98, it also
seems okay under 2000, but is a little slow with a top speed of 37.2K.
Tried a new driver, but again no improvement.