From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:47:58 -0600
Maybe this issue goes under the third item of your list or maybe it should
be a separate item of its own:

4) Will the files have the same names?

The only time I ever tried using the XCOPY method, I wound up with all the
correct LONG file names but some directories had different SHORT file
names.  Some programs use the short names and this will cause problems.  In
particular, I remember that McAfee Virusscan had stored the short file name
of its own directory in my AUTOEXEC to do a short scan on bootup and the
path to that directory had changed.  A few people told me it was because I
did not do the XCOPY correctly but since I have never tried it again, I
have not verified it.

> From: Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Copy a HDD again - use of XCOPY
> Date: Friday, February 26, 1999 7:14 AM
>
>   3) Will the placement and structure changes
>      cause any problems?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html