From:
Jerry James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:44:41 -0500
Lenny,

I am no expert but it seems that you have a couple of running applications
that you do not need to load at startup.

Here is a quotation from a web site that I checked for quick time:
"qttask.exe - Here is the scoop on QuickTime Task Tray. The big question:
what is qttask.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid
of QuickTime Task Tray?
qttask.exe (QuickTime Task Tray) - Details:The qttask.exe process provides a
system tray icon that you can use for quick access to the QuickTime
application and additional settings. If you use the system tray icon to
launch QuickTime you should leave this process running, otherwise you can
terminate it to free up system resources and/or space on your start bar."

You probably could also stop Ensoniq Mixier from starting to free up some of
your system resources.

You might want to check your page file and memory managers also.  I guess
that you have run a defrag on your drive, as well as scandisk, emptied
recycle bin, and deleted your temporary internet files.

One other thing (and something you probably do not want to do) is that it is
sometimes necessary to backup your hard drive and then reformat it and start
over.  You might also want to check about your 256 meg of ram.  I cannot
remember but Windows 98 might not be able to manage that much memory.  It
has been several years since I used 98 so I might be wrong about that.

Also I would suggest that you download ad-aware and see if you might have a
lot of adware running in the background.  System Mechanic
http://www.iolo.com/ might help you clean up your registry.  It has worked
well for me for several years.