From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 16:54:06 -0400
At 4/27/00 11:00 AM -0600, Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I installed a Primax Colorado 600p scanner on a Celeron machine
>and it worked fine for a few tests. I then moved it to another location
>and now it keeps giving me the error "scanner not found". Itīs
>connected fine to the printer port and the power cube is plugged in
>and warm. I checked Primaxīs pageīs faq which said to change
>CMOS printer option to EPP which I did and it still canīt find the
>scanner. This machine is connected to a Novell 5.0 network and has
>no local printer connected. When it was working before it was
>serving an HP IIIP and I noticed it was interfering a bit with the
>printing. Any ideas?

A couple of ideas...

If you haven't yet, uninstall the scanner and re-install.  I've had several
parallel port scanners that had to be re-installed for no real apparent
reason.

Another thing to watch for: a lot of the scanner software packages install
a background program in the system tray that will "mess up" any other
software packages trying to se the scanner.  These background applets are
used for the instant copy or fax functions.  I have had to disable them to
get scanners to be reliable.

Doug

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html