From:
"J. H. Meinema" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:22:13 +0100
Hi, Richard...

> working for days to fix yellow ! notice in device manager/system devices/processor support stating "ntkern.vxd device loader(s) for this device could not load the desired device. (code2).  to fix, click update driver to update driver device.  windows can't find better device driver than current 'microsoft file version 1.0' on any system drive.  have removed and re-installed 'processor support', and have also tried downloaded vxdfix on listserv (pcbuild's) website with no success after actions.  would appreciate recommendation(s) to get this driver device updated or changed.  thanks.

If you delete the entry in the device manager and than reboot your system can't windows find a better driver than.. (maybe on the motherboard cd rom), if not if you have a AMD check the knowledge base on www.microsoft.com maybe there is a patch for it.. Had to patch my old system also because Win95 didn't recon.. a AMD K6-2 400 mhz or up processor...

--
Anne Meinema

www.clockspeeding.cjb.net or http://clockspeeding.cjb.net

Site Description/Sections : Formula 1, Delta Force, Overclocking and More