From:
"Capt. Zyla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:22:04 -0500
Windows 98 standard edition will not shutdown with the 3com 10/100
3c905c-tx pci card installed. It hangs on the screen windows is shutting
down.  If I disable this card in hardware profile it shutsdown fine. Just
installed the latest drivers for this card and the same problem exists.

Have not seen any solution to this problem posted anywhere, including 3com
website.. If anyone has any ideas please post them. Outside of this the
card works fine.

Second question about Interrupts:

This Nic is sharing IRQ 11 with the sound card and the video AGP
card. Could this sharing be causing the problem? Looking at all the
available interrupts I only see IRQ 9 that is free and not used. How would
I assign IRQ 9 to this NIc card? It will not allow me to change any
settings from device manager.

John

John M. Zyla
http://www.smart.net/~captzyla

      |\
     ,| \   A ship in harbor is safe--
    /_|__\  but that is not what ships are for.
     \~~|                                      John A. Shedd