From:
Michelle B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:26:01 +1300
Now everyone is getting confused!!The 115,000 is the DTE speed ,which is the
speed between the modem and the comm port.It will show this if you are using
Windows drivers.You either have to enter some AT&T commands or more easily
get your modems drivers off the net,install and then you will have what
speed you are connected at!!Try it you wil;l be surprsed.
Michelle Beri

>I think part of the confusion may be a lack of standard reporting
>parameters????
>
>Yoooors,
>
>Iain.

At start-up AOL says I am
>> connected at 115200 bps but I don't think that is possible as I only have
>> 33.6 K modem.
>>
>> Lee Kenna >>

.  Go into the setup and change yours to
>>33.6.  Then maybe you will get an accurate connection speed.
>>
>>Susan Hays

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html