From:
"Fred E. Caldwell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 09:59:47 -0600
Larry Atlow wrote:

> > Dave Perry wrote:
> >
> > > My boys have a Cyrix 233 chip in their computer. They play alot of video
> > > games on it and are frustrated with how slow it is. Apparently it sucks
> > > with QuakeII !!!!
> > >
> > > They are considering spending their xmas money on a 300mmx Cyrix.
This is just IMHO but I would look at three things.

1. Game Video Card 6-12 mb these alot of them out there around 100.00
2. How much RAM are you running...I have found 64 meg works good
for       most games.
3. Check and see what all chips your Mother board will work with. I
would rather have a P233mmx than a 300mmx. Some of your demanding games
will even note that they my not run at peak proformace due to a non P
chip. I loaded one on a 300mmx cyrix last weekend.
I would also look for a place that I could get some trade in on my old
chip.

--
Fred E. Caldwell
"No one cares how much you know til they know how much you care"

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]