From:
Len Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 07:51:02 +0100
ON Fri, 11 Sep 1998 "Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<snip>
>We are running an Adaptec 1522A SCSI controller.
>
>Connected to it are:
>
>ID0 - 1G Hard Drive
>ID3 - Matshita CD-ROM
>ID5 - Matshita CD-ROM
>
>We're running under DOS 6.22 <snip>
>loaded in EZ-SCSI Ver 4.02 and the system recognizes all the drives
>BUT, it give me 8 drives for each of the two CD-ROMs

Further to my reply on 13 Sep... add the /NOLUN switch to aspicd.sys

I have just downloaded the EZ-SCSI 4.x driver upgrade, dosdrvr.exe,
from Adaptec and the readme.txt contains the following.
The second problem described seems to be the one you are having.

"In rare circumstances, you may encounter problems with Windows 3.x
and DOS reading your CD-ROM drive.
For example, you change the contents of the CD-ROM drive, but when you run
DIR, the contents of the previous CD is displayed instead of the new CD's.
Or you may see multiple drive letters assigned to your single CD-ROM drive.
One solution is to add the /NOLUN switch to the aspicd.sys line in config.sys.
We have seen the former problem with the Sony 55s - an older double speed
CD-ROM drive, and the latter problem with an older SCSI1 Panasonic drive.
By adding the /NOLUN switch, you will however loose support
for any CD Changers or PD drives that you also have connected to your PC."

Len Warner <[log in to unmask]> http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~len/ ICQ:10120933

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**