Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:01:46 +1100
unlikely to be the mobo, but be sure you applied the heatsink correctly,
I've seen burned CPUs because the heatsink wasn't properly applied on. Some
CPU fans are really easy to make mistake, if you didn't pay attention. I
alway double check (make sure the surface of CPU die is all contacted by
heatsink, make sure the fan power is plugged in). Also, sometimes heatsink
can be covered by a film, make sure you remove it before use. In fact, just
today, our service dept received a burned CPU because the customer didn't
remove the film...

Last but not least, don't save few $ to buy cheap heatsink, those cheap one
won't keep your CPU cool.

Jun Qian