From:
Ronald Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 07:49:25 +0000
Hello again,
  Thanks to Venkat, Chris and Paul for their suggestions which I've tried - unfortunately without success; in the case of the SiS630-730 driver, the error message 'Error reading Sis...possible bad disk' kept coming up, despite various checks to see if the disk was ok. Nor was it possible to get the Update Driver Wizard to find the unzipped driver; it always replied that the location doesn't contain information about the specified device. (As yet, I've not got round to burning a CD with the directx 9.0 program on it to run 'dxdiag', which I downloaded using another computer)
  I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't another problem here; possibly something amiss with the mother board, or missing from the Win98 OS I installed. Any ideas would be welcome.
  Perserveringly,
Ron