From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:13:43 CDT
This may not apply to you but ... In my opinion, the reason DVD is not the
"rage" is that DVD is a device in search of a need.  No application exists
that really NEEDS a DVD, especially as a data storage device in computers.
I think they are going to be replaced by some new technology before they
ever find their niche.  I try to discourage users who ask about DVDs in
computers for now.  I'm still waiting for a reason to have one instead of a
normal CD-ROM.