From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:05:25 -0700
I am a bit confused by your post. Does the computer shut down or not? If it
has advance power management capability, then Windows can shut down your
system without any "Safe to ..." message. You said that the computer turned
off, but the hard drive light was still on. If the light is on, then the
computer is not off. Please clarify if you need additional help with this.

To answer your other part of the question; installing Win2k will not in
itself damage the hard disk. Damage could be done if the partition was made
incorrectly and an improper formatting was done as a result. However, I
don't know how much protection modern drives have from such actions.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com