From:
Brad Feuerhelm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 16:42:57 -0400
I have the same problem but the ports are on a external hub. Are yours?
If not sounds like a driver conflict. Or simply bad internal hub. On a
laptop you are pretty much limited as what you can do. As for me
replacing the hub (external) with a higher quality one worked out. I did
once have the same problem with an Asus motherboard in a pc. Which Asus
replaced. But in your case if stripping and reinstalling windows doesn't
fix the problem (if it's internal ports) then the internal hub probably
went south. If it's that, then I have no idea other than replacing the
laptop since I doubt you laptop is still under warranty.

Wish I could give you better info.

Brad