From:
Ron Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 08:24:19 -0500
>At 10:13 AM 3/27/1998   Ron Taylor  wrote:
>>1.    How do I enable L1 and L2 cache on the MOBO?  I have looked in CMOS
>>and don't find anything that relates to that.  There is only one cache
entry
>>and that is enabled.

>L1 and L2 cache is normally set in CMOS under chipset or advanced
>settings. Older motherboards will have jumper setting so check your
>manual.

No mention of L1 or L2 in the manual

>What kind of motherboard and BIOS do you have? Check the BUS
>speed and clock multiplier jumpers for correct setting. Disable the
>TURBO switch, while you're at it.

I have a brand new ASUS TXP4.  Brand new P55C 233 MMX, and Brand new Trident
Video card.  Since I last wrote I have changed the hard drive to a brand new
UDMA WD AC22500.  I used Drive Copy to copy the drive.  Now the fun begins.
After copy I removed the original drive and rebooted.  Everything worked, I
tried several apps and then shut down and closed up(the case).  I then
booted or tried to boot again.  I got to the MS WIN95 logo and the system
froze.  I shut down and opened everything back up and tried to boot.  Now I
don't get a POST or anything on the screen.  I have been tring to fix this
machine on and off for several days and I'm getting frustrated.
About to throw in the towel Ron.