Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 00:45:57 -0600
HI,

Thanks for your response..

At 10:13 PM 3/10/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I can answer a very small part of your question.  This is close to the blue
>screen of death.  Maybe we could call it the Lite Blue Screen of Death.  (The
>"real" blue screen of death nearly always has the words "Fatal Exception" in
>its message somewhere.)

        There is no such 'Fatal Exception' error in the screen I get.  I put the
full error in the post.

>The genesis of the problem may be hardware or it may be software and is most
>likely a combination of the two.  (Really helpful, huh?)

        Very helpful..especially to a neophyte.

>The first best suggestion I can give is to reboot frequently as a preventive
>maintenance measure. IE4 (and Netscape Communicator 4) are large, resource
>intensive programs. The longer they run, the harder they are on your system.
> If your hardware is not absolutely top-notch, then timing problems can occur
>as the resources are consumed by these (and other) products.
>
>I would not use either of those browsers for more than a few hours without
>rebooting. In fact, I don't. <grin>

        I reboot often.  In fact, I always turn off and uplug the computer when I
am finished so I have no worries about storms if I'm away.  So I cold boot
at least 2 times a day.  However, I am sometimes online longer than a few
hours so I'll try this suggestion and the one about rebooting gracefully.

>Oh, and how much memory do you have?  I didn't see it in your list.

        I have 40 megs of memory.

Sue Na