From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 18:46:23 -0600
I just built a computer with the Supermicro P5MMA98 motherboard which is
supposed to be compliant with the PC 98 specifications and soft boot.  I
could not get the computer to shut down from the power switch at all.  I had
to go into the bios and turn on power management and turn the power on/off
switch on.  I was told that even if the power on/off switch is turned on it
only allows the computer to shut down  automatically from software, i.e.:
shut down windows where it shuts the power off to the tower and I get no You
may shut down windows now screen.  If I turn the power off with just the
switch I must hold the switch down for 5 seconds for the power to go off.
This is not a glitch with the case and power button but the way they were
designed.

Mary Wolden