From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 22:08:02 -0500
I've never seen a BIOS choice of booting to IDE 0.  If your CD and HD are on the same cable, booting to IDE 0 (which is the channel your C drive should be on) might be a little confusing.  Usually the choices are "A,CD,C". A 1995 BIOS will have a lot of trouble reading a 40 gig drive.  At that time you needed help for it to read over 2 gigs.  Although I don't like it, you might want to download WD's EZ drive utility, which is supposed to enable old BIOS' in seeing drives over 2gigs.

--

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml