From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 04:49:33 -0400
Update:
I disconnected the older portable phone (Frequency unknown) and all seems to
be well.
Thanks for the input.
************

  I believe the newer 2.4GHz band for cordless phones can conflict with
access point traffic, as can some microwave ovens.

  I'm not familiar with the details for 802.11a, but for 802.11b there are
11 "channels" defined.  Some access points have a setting where they will
look for an uncluttered channel; others you have to set the channel on.  You
may be able to tune the access point to a channel that reduces or even
eliminates the interference.

David Gillett

On 5 Aug 2003, at 5:39, Hugh Vandervoort wrote:

> I recently installed a Linksys Access point. I have a hardwired phone and
> two portable phones (One is 900 MHz, not sure about the other) and about
the
> same time I began having trouble receiving calls. Often, the phone will
ring
> once, and the caller reports odd noises, but no answering machine. Other
> callers get through when they try again. All seems to be well when I
unplug
> the two portables and use the hardwired phone by itself.
> I have tried disconnecting the mobile phones and disconnecting the access
> point, but the results are not consistent-sometimes I can get more than
one
> ring, sometimes not.
> Can a wireless Access point cause this?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: