From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:48:22 -0700
  815 ms is a *huge* length of time for ping response between two computers
on the same local subnet.  Something is clearly not right.

  I've seen two scenarios where "A can oing B, but B can't ping A".  The
rare one results from an address conflict where some third machine is using
the same address as B -- I think we can assume that's not your issue.
  The other is where some misconfigured firewall is partially blocking
traffic beteen the two machines.

David Gillett