From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 12:02:34 -0400
Laptop ram is usually accessible thru a small cover on the bottom of the
unit.  Usually 1-3 small phillips screws need to be removed, with the
laptop powered off.  Most laptops have 2 slots available.  You should
check your system manual or specs online to see what was delivered and
what is compatible, just as you would for a desktop.  If the laptop were
delivered with 2 x 128 mb sodimm sticks, you would have to remove at
least one to add a 256 mb or 512 mb stick.  Older laptops might have a
limit of 512mb in one slot, etc.  Most sticks are held in place by a
silver colored spring on both sides - push the springs away from the
stick, it may then spring up on its own or you may need to lift it
gently from the top edge.  Insertion is the reverse - place the contact
edge firmly into the slot noting the location of the notch on the
bottom.  Flip it over if it the notch doesn't line up.   Push the top
edge down gently and the two springs will snap into place.  Start up the
laptop and you should see the ram in control panel/system (properties).

[log in to unmask] wrote:

>Hello Tim
>
>I read with interest your email advice about increasing ram. Okay for a
>desktop you can tinker with but wehat about the ram in a laptop?
>
>Dorothy Jones

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com