From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 12:05:14 -0700
This sounds like you have installed a bad or incompatible SIMM(s).
Or perhaps one of your memory timing BIOS settings needs to be configured.

What kind of RAM did you install and what did you already have installed ?
Try removing your original RAM and just use the new RAM..then see if things
run OK.
If you still have a problem then you have a bad SIMM(S). EDO RAM must run
in pairs but if you have Fast Page Mode SIMMS you can run the SIMMs
separately. Test FPM SIMMS one at a time

  If the new RAM runs well on it's own then the SIMMS are OK but you have
some kind of compatibility or BIOS setup problem. Put the other SIMM(s)
back in ..go into the BIOS and try disabling, enabling items in the Chipset
menu one at a time to see if this helps. You can also change Memory timing
from 60 to 70. Keep in mind that sometimes slow conservative settings can
make things worse.

The best way to dual boot Windows 3.11 and Windows 95 would be to install
Win95 to a different drive  (partition ). Does not have to be a primary
partition ...a logical drive is fine. Lets say you have a C drive where DOS
and Windows 3.11 is installed. You also have a D or any other drive.
Install it on D or one of the other drives. Of course you don't want to try
and install to a CD ROM, Zip or Floppy drive!

To do this when Win95 asks you where to install it will be pointing to your
C:\windows directory. Give it a new path...D:\Windows or where ever you
wish. Win95 will squawk and throw up a warning message about not be able to
upgrade your existing windows but just tell it to continue with the new
install. From there on it will install to the new location leaving your
existing files alone and it will preserve your DOS start up files. After
the install when you boot up it will give you a choice of operating systems
to boot too.

Good Luck!

Mark Rode
The NoSpin Group