From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:06:14 -0800
  From http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/hard_drives/review_2004-10-07a.html
:

"The internal 20GB Toshiba hard drive uses a single platter that rotates at
a lowly 4,200rpm, but the payoff is that the drive is dead quiet. Because of
its slow rotational speed, it’s not a stellar performer, but in these types
of drives, performance takes a backseat to compatibility and portability.
.... Data transfer rates averaged about 10MB per second, which is decent,
but a lot slower than larger 7,200rpm external drives."

  Other sources seem to agree:  It's a slow, very quiet, hard drive.

David Gillett

                          http://freepctech.com