From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:01:18 -0400
Some printers and multi-function devices are not network compatible.  If
yours is, sharing it is rather simple.  On the win98 pc, right click on
network neighborhood, properties, and click on file and prnt sharing.  Check
the box for 'I want to allow others to use my printer'.  You will be
prompted for your win98 cd to install the files necessary for sharing.
Go to My Computer, printers folder, right click on brother, sharing, and
enable sharing and name the printer.
 On the ME pc, install a new printer, and when it prompts you, check
'network printer', and browse.  The brother should show up in network
neighborhood with the name you shared it under, and when you select it, the
drivers on the win98 pc will be copied to the me pc, enabling it as a
printer in the printers folder.

If this fails,  install the brother as a local printer on the ME with the
most current driver available.  Then in the printer folder on the ME pc,
open the brother properties, detail tab, and change the port from LPT1 to
point to the win98 pc sharename for the brother.

If that fails, the brother device driver does not support network printing.
Tom Turak