From:
"Mark C. Barron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:24:22 -0700
I'm at my wits end (which ain't saying much)!

I've sent multiple requests to Adaptec and they plain refuse to even
acknowledge
my messages.

Anyways...

We are running an Adaptec 1522A SCSI controller.

Connected to it are:

ID0 - 1G Hard Drive
ID3 - Matshita CD-ROM
ID5 - Matshita CD-ROM

We're running under DOS 6.22 in order to run a custom CD Server program for
our BBS's network which is Novell 3.11

Anyways...  I've loaded in EZ-SCSI Ver 4.02 and the system recognizes all
the drives
BUT, it give me 8 drives for each of the two CD-ROMs.  I've gone through
the manual
with a fine tooth comb and have NOT found any enlightenment.

All it say is to make sure that the ID #'s are set differently for each
drive.  DUH!!!

Has anyone got any ideas as to how to get rid of the phantom drives so I
can get
this machine up and running properly.

Thanks,

Mark C. Barron
PCBoard SYSop
Big Blue and Cousins
The Greater Victoria Personal Computer Users' Association

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**