From:
Brad Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:55:56 -0800
Thanks for your help and suggestions.

The screen is clean, & the degaussing button works
fine. In addition, it automatically degausses itself
every time it's turned on.

I checked out different colors on the monitor by
following html code [changing FFD700 to get
different colors]:

<head></head>

The right side of the screen (with the exception of
the top & bottom corners) is a darker shade than the
left side. This is generally more noticeable viewing
lighter colors. Also, when the screen shows a light
color, if I look carefully, I can see a one-half
inch wide section, or line, going down the center of
the monitor screen, which is brighter that the rest
of the screen.

By changing the colors, I found that red seems to be
affected most, followed by green. Blue seems to be
the least affected.
[pure red = ff0000  pure green = 00ff00  pure blue =
0000ff]

It's kind of annoying reading dark text on a light
background. As I read from right to left, I notice
the shift in brightness, which can be a little
distracting.
I have decided not to send the monitor for repair,
though, since I usually view the screen using a
black background and have my text a shade of green.
Also, the monitor works fine otherwise.
Brad Britton

Kenneth Alan Boyd Ramsay wrote:

> First, is this visible at all when the monitor is switched off?
> (It's not on the outside of the screen - and can be cleaned off with
> a paper towel dampened with "Windex" or the like, is it?)

> It could be a residual magnetic field.  Does your monitor have a
> "deGaussing" button?  If so, press and hold this button for a second or
> so when the monitor is on.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html