From:
Terry Boerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:19:37 -0700
Angela,
I'm not sure what applications you're running or PC model but take a look at the following.  You might be having video adapter driver issue.  Also I would suggest to copy or backup you valuable photo memories to CD seeing you have a CD/RW.

Hope this helps,

Terry

    SYMPTOMSWhen you try to edit or select text in a Microsoft Visio drawing, you may experience the following behavior:

You receive a Stop error (an error on a blue screen) similar to the following:
Error: 0E:0187:Bff8e64b
The Stop error may be followed by one or more error messages similar to the following:
OSA has caused an invalid page fault in OLE32.DLL.

Visio caused a general protection fault in module GDI.EXE at 0006:00000d21.

CAUSEThis behavior may occur if your Microsoft Windows Millennium (Me)-based computer uses a Trident CyberBlade XP (69) video adapter and the drivers that are installed for video adapter are outdated.

This issue is known to occur on the following computers from Hewlett-Packard (HP):
HP Pavilion n5xxx
HP Pavilion xhxxx
HP Omnibook xe3-gd

RESOLUTIONTo resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
   Verify that your computer uses a Trident CyberBlade XP (69) video adapter. To do so:
      Right-click an empty area of your desktop, and then click Properties.
      Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
      Click the Adapter tab.
      Verify that Trident CyberBlade XP (69) appears under Adapter Type.

To view details about the driver, click Properties, and then click the Driver tab.

   Download and install the latest video driver that is available for your video adapter. Contact HP to inquire about the availability of the latest Windows Me Trident drivers for the video adapter. For more information about how to do this, visit the following HP Web site:
HP Drivers and Downloads
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/software.html

Angela Z Espinoza <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Hello I am running Windows ME, Processor 200 megahertz Intel Pentium w/MMX, HD 20 GB Sony CD RW 160 MB ram , DSL, Digital Camera. I have just recently started to have all kinds of problems, blue screens error OE 0187 BFF8E64B and error on Explorer to get to my email I have to boot my computer sometimes 3 or 4 times I have allot of pictures and favorites that I have collected over a period of time, I would like to know if it is the mother board or the memory, I want to format again but I don't want to lose my pictures, and if I do would I have the same problem, or is it Windows ME or the mother board, what can I do?
Thank you for the responses ahead of time GOD BLESS YOU.
Angela Z Espinoza

PCBUILD's List Owners:
Bob Wright
Drew Dunn