From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:11:37 -0700
The obvious solution is to re-install the disk that you removed, since all
worked before you removed it.  Assuming that this is not a satisfactory
option, there are some other things that you can try.  First, make sure that
your old disk is made Active (in FDISK) and make sure that it is jumpered to
be single or master, whichever is appropriate for the brand.  Then,
re-install the drivers for the non-working hardware to the ME drivers.
(Find the hardware in Control Panel and look around for the tab that says
"install new driver.")  The ME drivers should be on your ME o.s. disk or on
the hardware vendor's installation disk.

I have never gone back to an earlier o.s. like that, so I don't know what
"gotcha's" may be lurking around the corner.

If all else fails, you may have to completely reinstall ME.  Even FDISK,
format, and clean installation may be necessary.

Can anyone else help?

Dean Kukral

> I removed the new XP drive about 3 months ago, this leaving me only with
my
> original ME drive again. Iit then started taking about 3 minutes to boot
up
> and for some reason I still have to answer this question about what drive
> boot to (ME or XP) and I need help getting my computer to realize that
there
> is only one drive to boot to and to boot to it directly. That's issue #1
>
> Issue #2 is that ever since I removed the second drive (the new XP drive)
my