From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:42:33 -0700
Well, one way you could do this is to use Home Monitoring software that
monitors what you want, and is designed to run locally, and then use
PCAnywhere to log on to your computer remotely from any phone, LAN or WAN
connection. PCAnywhere  will bring up your computer desktop, just like you
were sitting in front of it, and allow you to work with it, just like you
were there, but in a window on the remote computer.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 11:00 AM 9/24/2003, you wrote:
>I would like to monitor a home 400 miles away from my home via my PC.  Are
>there any products out there that can allow me to monitor the inside temp,
>activate outside spot lights, possibly snap shots or streaming video from
>video cameras placed outside or inside the home?  I checked with X10.com
>but they don't have a system that can monitor the temp.  Would PC-anywhere
>be useful as a tool to access the PC at the other end?  I would also need
>a UPS and a PC that once shut down to boot back into the application.  Any
>suggestions would be a great help.
>
>Terry

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml