From:
George Parmenter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 17:31:31 -0500
Dear PCBuild,
I am assuming this is a hardware not a software problem but am not sure.
I have an Epson Stylus Inkjet Color 600 printer, latest driver installed,
connected via an unswitched direct cable connection to the printer port on
the back of my Micron PC running Windows 98. The printer has been working
fine though I have not been using it often. Suddenly a few days ago when I
tried to print something it brought up the usual window showing the
progress of the print job but at the top of the window it said "Printer Off
Line" and of course nothing printed. I have rebooted the printer, rebooted
the computer, deleted the printer from the printers folder and reinstalled
the printer again. I have disconnected the printer cable and reconnected
again. So far I still cannot get anything to print. I went to the Epson
site and read through the troubleshooting help but found nothing referring
to "Printer Off Line". Could this problem be in any way related to the fact
that even though my computer is not networked, I always have a "Log Off
George Parmenter" selection just above "Shutdown" in my start menu? Does my
printer think it's on a network? I am at the end of my knowledge and hoping
for your help.
George