From:
john freibergs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:54:29 -0700
Hi,

Be careful experimenting with ram of unknown
compatibility.  I had a Dell machine with 32mb of ram
and got some ram sticks of unknown ancestry.  I put in
two sticks that gave me a whopping total of 80mb of
ram and had no apparent problems.  They even showed in
POST.  It wasn't until a couple of weeks later that my
win98 OS started acting up.  After calling Mictrosoft
for help, I figured out it was the ram and wound up
pulling the two new sticks and reinstalling win98.

John Freibergs

http://farechase.yahoo.com/