From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:51:47 -0700
>I know many of you dont use matrix dot printers any more, but we still do
>and continue buying them. Epson LX-300+, LQ2080, FX-1180+, FX-880+
>I know that plastic broken parts, insects attack, etc. are suposed to be
>caused by users mishandling, but lets say broken pins in the printer head or
>parallel port unusable. Might it be considered userīs abuse or mishandling?
>TIA
>Roberto

It *could* be misuse.  If one were to reach in a move the print head while
the printer was printing, it could break pins.
If a user were to drop the printer, or for that matter, spill something on
it, the damage to the printer port might not be visible, but could still
cause the parallel port to be unusable.
In general, though, I think the scenario's you listed would likely not be
caused by misuse.

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS