From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:16:10 -0400
Hi,

I think what you want to look into is called
1) VPN = Virtual Private Network.
They use it here at our location, the IT dept is 300 miles away.  It is
for them to  remotely fix or operate our systems.

        I have never set it up or used it myself.  The software, I
believe, is on the web as a     free download.  I think it works either,
dialup or broadband.

2) Windows Terminal Server
This we use every day to enter and print orders. It allows access to
main server also 300 miles away. We log into windows server software.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

--------------------------

I'm setting up a home office to do some telecommuting. This would
involve my responsibilities in the areas of Systems, Purchasing and
Imports. So I would need to connect from home to enter the company
network, run the software remotely and also do some systems diagnostics
from home. Can those of you who have experience here give me some
suggestions on software and types of connections to do this.

Would this be possible over dialup or would I need more bandwidth? Also
some good sites to learn about all this would be very helpful.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com