From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 08:12:10 -0700
On 9 May 2003, at 16:39, george paredes wrote:

> Just hope this is the right forum to talk to. I been using this product
> (BEFSR41-DSL ROUTER) since Feb. this year. I'm am connected to PLDT MYDSL
> here in the Philippines. One technical/maintenance person assigned in our
> are told me that PLDT MYDSL prohibits the use of this product.....
>
> Is there any Local/Internationals Laws prohibiting the use of routers...
>
> As if they are trying to limit the advancement of technology..

  It is far more likely that PLDT offers several different service plans.
The service plan that prohibits routers is probably their "single-machine
residential" plan, at a cheap rate.  They probably also offer some kind of
SOHO (small office/home office) plan, at a higher rate, with no such
restriction.
  Their thinking is probably that anyone who's using a router and multiple
machines is potentially either (a) going to use more of their bandwidth than
a single-machine user, and/or (b) require a higher level of technical
support.  Either of these translates into additional cost for them to
provide the service.

  If you connect a router to this service, they might not detect it right
away.  But if they detect you in violation of the service agreement you
signed, you'll be lucky if all they do is disconnect you.
  There are steps you could take that would make it harder (NOT
impossible...) for them to detect, but this list is not about how to steal
services or otherwise violate service agreements and licenses.  The
moderators will not approve any such discussion.

David Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com