From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:17:48 -0500
At 08:24 AM 12/3/2004, you wrote:
>I'm having an annoying problem with my CD drive. When I put in
>a disk it works fine until I switch disks. Then it gives me the
>info. for the first disk. For example: yesterday I was working
>with a clip art disk, pull it out, put in a picture CD. It would
>not read the picture CD with the correct info. it still gave me
>the clip art disk info. Any ideas on what could be going on and
>how I can fix this? Oh, shut down and restart does not fix it.

Hi Regina

You've probably tried this already, but just in case you
haven't...

After ejecting the first CD-Rom and putting in the second
one, open My Computer and double click the CDROM drive letter.

Left click on View (in the menu bar at the top of the window
for the CD-Rom) and then Refresh (the last choice in the drop
down menu). The window *should* change to show the contents
of the new disk. Maybe doing this will flush the cached
directory information that programs make use of.

Regards,
Bill

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com