From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:59:29 -0500
When I first got my cable modem, the tech people installed it using a USB cable from the modem to a USB port on my USB hub.It's faster and cheaper since they don't have to open your box to do it. They did that in my absence, so I called them to come back and put a NIC connection in. You will need to have them, your DSL installers, come back to install a NIC if you don't already have one, and to change the cable from the modem to your computer to have an RJ-45 connector at both ends. It will require some software if you don't already have a NIC installed.  Actually pretty simple unless a DSL modem operates on a different connection principle than a cable modem.