From:
Ian Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 20:04:45 +1200
I had several crashes with GoBack - probably because I'm always making major
rearrangements to my folders and making bulk deletions.

Several times GoBack froze up on me and it was a major effort getting
everything to run properly again.

The way I'm doing it now is much better, I can't get over how well Windows
is running.  And GoBack now only has a few gigs to look after.

I don't see a problem with anything going sour on my storage drive, it's
easy enough to install the odd app or game.

But GoBack aside, setting up Windows like this obviously isn't a new idea -
since my first post on the subject, I've had several private mails from folk
who're running the same sort of setup and have had the same beneficial
results as I've had.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "joseph marty" Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Good idea?

> I'm not sure what you mean that Goback has a problem with big drives. I am
running it on a 30 gig Win 98 SE system  and on a 40 gig Win Me system
without any problems.  Admittedly Goback slows down the system minutely, but
I never really noticed the difference.  If you do a standard install on a
big drive (10% of the available freespace), you'll have a very large Goback
file, but I manually chose the size of the file on all my installs to save
space.  Your setup is a good one, but I don't think you need to have two
drives for Goback to work OK.  What if a file or files on your D drive go
South?