From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:43:17 -0700
Le Dong Phuong wrote:

>I'm considering upgrading my Celeron PC to a more up-to-date system.  Right
>now many vendor offer motherboards supporting P4 hyper threading, but there
>is no indication by chip seller wich P4 would be able to do the hyper
>threading, they just mention the speed 2, 2.4GHz etc.  Could any body point
>out how to get the hyper threading P4 to run on those MBs?
>
>Please go to the Intel web site and read the following. I have also included a link to the Mother Board section that includes those boards that support "hyper-threading".

The first article is Hyper-Threading Technology. It deals with Mother
boards that can utilize down or spare CPU time. This mean that your
operating system will think you have two CPU's instead of one.
http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread/index.htm?iid=sr+hyper&
<http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread/index.htm?iid=sr+hyper&>

The second link explains a little about the CPU itself.
http://www.intel.com/home/desktop/pentium4/index.htm?iid=ihc+home_menu_p4&
<http://www.intel.com/home/desktop/pentium4/index.htm?iid=ihc+home_menu_p4&>

The third link shows some of the Intel Mother Boards compairing features
including "Hyperthreading".
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/4_mbd.htm

I hope this will help you..

Sincerely,