From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 11:39:09 -0500
>On 18 Dec 98 at 7:34, Roberto Safora Romay wrote:
>
>> Is there any way that I can convert a VGA monitor into a TV set,
>> just by adding a tv tuner and FI step?
>
>  VGA/SVGA monitors typically have ?horizontal frequencies? (I'm
>groping for the precise term...) in the range of 31-45 KHz.
>Composite/CGA monitors used a frequency around 15 KHz, as I recall --
>into the range where most men can't hear it, but many women can.
>Seems to me that standard TV is around there, or perhaps as low as 11
>KHz.
>  Anyway, my *hunch* is that you may get distorted frquency response
>on the low end as well as the high end -- and this is substantially
>off the low end for VGA monitors.  Even if it works, I doubt that it
>would be healthy.
>
>David G

I was at Babbage's the other day and they had a converter for the PlayStation
that allowed it to be hooked to your VGA monitor. The picture on the box
showed what appears to be an S-Video type connector (it was fairly small
and had several pins)(not sure what the PlayStation actually has). It also
looked like it had RCA audio and video inputs as well. If you can't find any
info
where you're at I'll stop by Babbage's again and get all the info.

Winston

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]