From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:44:22 -0400
Hi Phillip,

First of all there's no need to buy a RAM Disk program for private use.

There are a few quite capable freeware ones available.

I've used RAMDisks on many occasions and they do make a difference,

but haven't been in the position to try them on systems that have more than 4 GB

of RAM installed.

Have a look at this article

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/12-ram-disk-software-benchmarked-for-fastest-read-and-write-speed/

Better ones:

http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-services/software/ramdisk

http://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/

Screenshot at bottom is clearly from XP and the aggregate of the RAM Disks

is greater than what XP can normally handle.

Peter E.