From:
Eric Wertman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:13:55 -0400
Hello All-

I have a friend with a system that was assembled for him by a friend he no
longer speaks to. So it has fallen upon me to help him with his general
computer questions and problems. I need to know what sort of motherboard he
has, so I can properly determine what sort of Upgrade possiblities it has.
How do you get that information? I'll tell you what I know-

486dx/66
16M ram (4 slots, all full)
trident svga card (i believe it sits in an agp slot, but I am not positive)
I believe it is an AT form factor
4 ISA, 3PCI slots
Award Bios 4.03G? (I'm not sure about the number, but I think that's what
it said. I also wrote down a number series from inside the bios setup,
which I don't have on hand either, but I can  get)

Even if you could just point me in the right direction, it would be
helpful. I can open up the case and look if need be, but It seems like
there ought to be a way to tell without this.

Anyhow, thanks for any input or general advice!

Eric Wertman

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org