From:
Paul Duthie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:33:14 +1000
At 06:51 PM 16/08/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Old Zenith Z-Station 500, 486 DX 66.
>Had Win98 Loaded and was tweaking the Win98 Settings (why I don't
>know!).  I think I changed something to do with Bios and 16 bit in the PCI
>bus (System Area).  After that, nothing.  When powing up, keyboard flashes
>once and hd spins up but not even a beep out of the machine.  I took out
>back pair of simms to make the Bios config menu come up but even that
>doesn't happen.   Any sugestions on how to bring it back to life for the
>kids please?

Have a look at the Motherboard manual (if you have one..otherwise you'll
have to find a website with the information you need) and locate the BIOS
reset jumper - this will probably fix it. Change the jumper to reset, turn
the computer on then off after about 5-10 seconds, change the jumper back
and see what happens.
Paul Duthie                                     [log in to unmask]
Network Manager                         [log in to unmask]
Ballarat High School                            [log in to unmask]

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org