From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 02:29:09 -0400
The easiest and least costly way to get to his networked computer
at work is use VPN (Virtual Private Networking).  VPN utilizes
encryption that utilizes Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP-
which is basicaly PPP over IP that is encrypted).

The easiest way to setup VPN is to use Windows NT.  Other OSes
support VPN, but are more complex.

Here is a link to a website that will show how to setup
a VPN server on an NT Server Machine:
http://www.windowstechedge.com/wte/wte-1999-07/wte-07-vpn.html

Here is list of site that talk about VPN as well.
http://compnetworking.about.com/compute/compnetworking/msubvpn.htm

If of course you don't have windows NT installed the other
way to go is to get PC Anywhere, and it will allow you to acces your
work computer remotely, but with VPN, you can link up with the entire
network if need be.

Good Luck

--Patrick Black