From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2013 23:51:21 -0500
 Greetings all,

  I just ordered a new pci-e graphics card in hopes of upgrading from
1gig DDR3 to 2gig of DDR3 and also to gain a VGA out which my present
card lacks. However, I just realized in the specs for the new card, it
shows an AMD chipset support as well as other AMD features such as
"AMD HD3D technology, AMD Power Play technology and AMD App
Acceleration".

 The mobo I plan to use it with is an ASUS with an Intel Core Duo
Quad. Am I making a mistake combining these? Will the listed AMD
features be useless on an Intel machine?

 I feel it ought to work but I've not mixed Intel/AMD before and want
to find out before I install it.
And, if it will work properly, should I remove the previous graphics
drivers before installing?

Here's what I've got:

Asus P5G41T-M LX Plus mobo
Intel Core Duo Quad processor (Q9550 @2.83GHz)
NVidia GeForce GT 520 pci-e
700 watt PS
(2) 4gig sticks ram
running XP pro 32 bit on one drive and Win7 Pro 64 bit on separate ssd.

The card I ordered is a XFX Radeon HD 6450 HD-645X-CLH2 pci-e

Thanks,
-Phil-

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com