From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:31:09 -0500
It sounds like it could be a heat problem. Leave the case off and see if
all fans are working, especially the CPU fan.  If so then try directing a
portable fan directly into the case with the case open.  I had an
intermittent problem like that once and it turned out to be a CPU fan would
sometimes not startup.

Doug

At 11/20/2003 04:30 PM, Dick Mason wrote:

>My computer (Sony VAIO)
>has developed a problem.  It will start to boot, the monitor light will
>change from orange to green, the computer will almost finish booting and
>the screen goes black and the monitor light goes orange.  I have tried a
>different computer with the monitor and the monitor works fine.  I tried a
>different known good video card and the problem went away for about 3
>boots, then the problem reoccurred.  I swapped in some known good memory
>and the problem was still there.  Is there anything else that could be
>wrong, other than a failed motherboard?  The system is old (1998), is a
>350MHz running Windows 98.  Any help would be appreciated.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml