From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:13:57 -0700
Find and nuke that program. It is concealing itself from your spyware
scanners while it is loaded, most likely, so use Safe Mode to kill it, just
to be sure it isn't running. I have had to kill similar infections before.
This is a bug that uses randomly generated file names as an extra way to
dodge the scanners, not just in how it can interfere with the scanners while
it is running.

Kenneth Whyman
"Chance favors the prepared mind."

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>  My pc (xp home) lately has been stealing my active screen. I can be
> typing away and look up to see the text had stopped several words
> earlier (it just happened again). It seems to happen about every four
> minutes or so. Iv'e run AVG, Spybot S&D and Hijack this. I deleted a
> couple of questionable BHOs using Hijack but everything else shows
> clean. I have even watched the processes screen.in msconfig but
> nothing seems to change when what ever is happening happens.
>
>  I downloaded What's Running (as mentioned by another list member) and
> found another program called Task patrol (cool) and the only activity
> that coincides with my problem is Internet explorer related. Also a
> possible problem was a process named "5dI1yxy4.exe". A google search
> gets no results nor does Task Patrols info base.
>
>  I hate to delete it not knowing what it is and I can't delete
> Internet Explorer (as much as I'd like to) so any suggestions how to
> procede from here?
>
>  -Phil-
>
>            Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com