From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 14:11:54 -0500
Some computers allow you to check the temperature in the Bios and some do
not.  The reading may or may not be accurate.  Also, the temperature may be
hotter in one spot of the computer than another.  What you are usually
interested in is the cpu temperature.

Most bios can be entered by hitting the DEL or ESC key a bit after the
computer is turned on.  If you look real carefully you may be able to see a
line that tells you which key to hit.  But computers vary from brand to
brand.  (It is usually helpful to describe your brand and model when asking
a question such as this.)

You usually scroll thru the bios using left and right arrows and plus and
minus signs - but computers vary in this regard.

Most important:  when you exit (usually by hitting ESC)  always pick the
choice "Exit WITHOUT changing the settings,"  or you can really mess up the
computer!!!  Not that you would permanently break anything, but you might
have to have a pro fix it at a cost of $100.  (You could easily fix it
yourself IF you knew what you were doing and had the directions.)

So, be very careful when scanning through the bios or you could make things
difficult for yourself.  For instance, you could change something and the
computer would not boot to Windows.  Unless you knew how to change it back,
you would need an expert to help you with it.

Dean Kukral