From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:38:17 -0800
Phone voltage should be 48v off hook.  On hook (when you pick up and get a
dial tone) is -48v.  Ring voltage is 98v.  Variances can be + or - 6v.
Beyond that, you will have problems detecting loop current properly.
Putting a voltage meter on the line should result in -48v being read.

Good luck!

Kyle Elmblade
Distinct Computer Solutions
Sales - Upgrades - Training - Consulting
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"