From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2010 23:20:55 -0700
There are several standalone scrubber programs for Virtumonde. I keep
one on my stick drive just in case. I think Virtumonde is using your
network to jump between your computers. As you scrub one, the others
reinfect it. One sure-fire way to kill your bug is to disconnect your
network, DBAN each computer, then reload Windows and test for the bug
before you reconnect your network. Be sure to scan your system backups
as well, if you possess any. These bugs can be very persistent. Only
when all four computers test clean several passes in a row would I even
consider reconnecting any of them to a network. One stray bug left over
will propagate quickly. Hope this helps out.